Amazon released a Sling TV promotion providing even more incentive for early adopters to get a no-contact trial with Sling TV.
What is Sling TV?
Sling TV, created by Dish Network, provides you with popular channels through a no-contract, HD streaming service for only $20 a month. It’s a new service, and there’s really nothing else like it.
Sling TV’s Channel Lineup:
- ESPN, ESPN2, Disney Channel, ABC Family, Food Network, HGTV, Travel Channel, TNT, CNN, TBS, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Best of Maker
Who is Sling TV For?
Many Millennials use Hulu and Netflix exclusively to watch TV. While great for movies and TV shows, these services don’t provide live TV. Sling TV allows you to watch a game live on ESPN or see the newest episode of your favorite show on the Food Network.
Will people who pay for cable or dish service drop their cable companies to sign up for Sling TV? Perhaps some will. But, many are probably under contract or enjoy having 100+ channels to choose from. But, that service probably comes with a monthly bill 3-5x higher than the measly $20/month cost of Sling TV.
Amazon’s Sling TV Plus Fire TV and Fire Stick Promotion
This clinched the deal for me. Amazon is offering a limited time Sling TV promotion for anyone pays for 3 months ($60) of Sling TV service by giving $50 off a Fire TV (which are awesome) or a free Fire Stick (also awesome). Convinced? Here’s a link to Amazon’s Sling TV Promo.
Why would Amazon do this? Here’s a few reasons:
- Win-Win: Sling TV is best when viewed on an actual TV. You need a Amazon Fire TV, Amazon Fire Stick, or Roku to do so. Sling TV partnering with Amazon is a brilliant win for both.
- First to market: Amazon was the first to have the Sling TV app on their devices. So, they’re promoting it. Sorry Roku.
- Sling TV is hot!: announced at CES2015, everyone is abuzz at what a great service this is. If Amazon can jump on that momentum and closely associate their products with Sling TV’s service, that’s a win.
- Cross-sell: Once users begin using their Amazon Fire TV or Amazon Fire Stick, they’re more likely to realize the value of Amazon Prime and enter further into Amazon’s ecosystem.
Leave a Comment
- How to Delete Your Facebook Account…the right way.
- Annke Sparkle IP Camera Review